Bonjour, friends and travelers. I’m traveling to France the first week of December, and plan to add photos in real time, blogging from my iPhone. So (assuming the technology cooperates), check back each day for updates from the road. I’ll be traveling through southwest France, the Pyrenees region, and the Languedoc (see map below). Here’s a peak at my itinerary:
- Lourdes – celebrating 150 year anniversary of St. Bernadette visions of the Virgin Mary
- Montpellier and Castries – university town, and thriving city
- Saint Guilhem le Desert – medieval village
- Carcassonne – best preserved medieval city and castle in Europe
- Nimes – known for 2 things – best preserved Roman amphitheater and temple, and “denim” or where your blue jeans come from….seriously, this is where Levi Strauss obtained the cotton to make his famous Levi’s….cotton from Nimes, or de nimes.
- Uzes – with visit to weekly market Place aux Herbes
- Pont Du Gard – incredible 2000 year old Roman aquaduct
Hope you can join me! Au revoir, et a bientot!